Small Moments

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Eugene M.

He used to live at my apartment before. They said he lived here alone for 7 years and took really good care of this place. That's all I knew until his mail came. He has not given an address change yet. First it was junk mail, until one day I got two copies of the L.A. County Bar Journal, one for me and one for him! Bingo. The old man is a lawyer. What did I do immediately? I looked him up online of course, and there he was, with a 5 digit bar number from 1976 and still had the old address--my address online. Now, there are two lawyers on California bar website with the same address, 29 years apart in experience, whom have never met.

I want to find Eugene, and give him his letters. Then I want to ask him what happened in his practice? Did he retire and move? Did he enjoy the years? Did he work at home in this room ever? Why did he leave this place? Was he ever married? Did he have children? Did he get a divorce or did his wife die from cancer? Why was he renting and not owned a house? Did he go crazy one day, quit his job at the large firm, so he couldn't pay his mortgage and the house foreclosed?

I want to know Eugene's life story. All of it. And I want him to tell me what to do with my life and what not to do...and tell me that this is all worth it...that one day, I will see that it was worth it...one day, if it's not too late yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home