Small Moments

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Foseel

The place for mediation was on Wilshire Blvd, between Hoover and Vermont. So the day before, when I noticed where it was on mapquest, I decided to visit the people from the past who work on 520 S. Lafayette Park Place. Where I was stuck for 3 years and 2 months.

I existed Hoover from the 10 freeway. Saw the sign for Loyola Law School and smiled. Went up Hoover towards Wilshire and all memories came back. Part of me of felt I was back in my own element. Part of me was over it...had let it go.

At noon, I headed east on 6th Street, passed the Superior Court, the old Church on the left hand side and made a left turn on Lafayette. Parked. Walked upstairs. Got off 2nd floor. The carpets were new but they were this ugly bright green. The immigration lawyer was still...in business. I guess people are still coming in...God Bless the US and A.

Went inside and looked at LT. She started laughing while on a phone call, hung up and came to give me a hug. I noticed the doors had been colored this ugly bright blue also. I walk in and say hello to the ones that would remember me. B said I had gained weight! No Dah.

Then we walked to Pescado for some good homemade El Salvadorian food. On the way there, I noticed how anxious I am to get back already. I also started to wonder how all those people have stayed there for that long...15, 20 years. Foseeel shodan keh!.

We had lunch. Small talk. A told me about her Pilate's class, the highlight of her life. I hurried eating. We walk back and I say bye. Get into my car and speed to get to the freeway.

I had a flashback of me back then...how I wanted to move on, to get out of there, to get to where I am today.

Now, I am here. So I better make something out it.

Let it go...the past smells like dust and it's making my allergies worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home