Small Moments

Monday, October 15, 2007

The fortune cookie that finally did it.

The thought to move out came about a long time before the move actually happened itself, which is of course true about anything and everything else in life. Oh...I don't know...maybe four years before it?

Well, first came the thought. Then, came a lot of discussions and arguments about why I even wanted to move out in the first place. Then I started looking at places. Then I looked at my finances and it looked bad. Then I put away the thought for a while. Then it became a big joke and the family made fun of me, and no one believed that I would eventually move out.

Then...I started looking again. And finally one day, I had Chinese food for lunch and my fortune cookie said, "If you want to do something, just get up and do it". I posted it to my computer monitor at work. It took me two weeks to find a place, announce to family and friends that I was moving out. And boom, I was gone.

And that is the power of a fortune cookie.

(I think I still have the damn saying too.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home