Small Moments

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Why I am bitter to be in America, even if it's my home

I didn't choose to come here. It was by no means my decision. I was 12 and happy where I was. They made a decision and dragged me here, they separated me from my friends and my first love, and my room and my home. And that hurt, and it hurt for a long, long time.

So I have been bitter ever since. Sure they gave me a better life, but I can't help being bitter. I may have had an even better better life if we had stayed. That's why I question everything, and fight every system, and find every loophole.

I simply did not choose to come here, on my own.

I still have the right to be bitter, even if America is my home now. In fact, the very fact that I live here gives me the advantage to sit at dinner, drink a glass of wine, cuss out the President and express my bitterness about living here.

Wow. how ironic.

1 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Shabnam said...

I was bitter too, I was so happy there and was so sad about leaving. I thought they were so ufair and selfish for making me leave! Just recently I may have started to appreciate the move... maybe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home