Small Moments

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What if...

She is 20 years old, second year of college. Hardworking, organized, punctual and vibrant. Full of dreams and aspirations. Kinda like me, how I used to be at that age.

She brings us donuts on Fridays, when she also wears make-up because those are the days she doesn't have school. At first she was shy and timid, but it took her maybe three weeks to open up and now she jokes around and even flirts.

Before she came, I was miserable and wanted to quit. I was lonely and depressed and talked to the walls. Then I told myself I should just wait a bit longer for the new girl to come and see what happens. So I waited. And now I enjoy working when she is here. I actually come to work because she is here and today, when she called in sick, I was sad again.

Does she even know how much I look forward to seeing her everyday?

I read this quote somewhere a while ago: "What if all the people in your life chose to be there to be around your light?"

Does she know that I chose to be around her light?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home