Small Moments

Monday, July 06, 2009

I am here to make love

"I am Jose Rizo and this is Jazz on the Latin Side."

And that's how you know another warm L.A. summer has began, with the voice of Jose Rizo talking about Jazz at Hollywood and Highland. And summer is the time to make love in L.A., to become one with all the City has to offer--from its outdoor concerts to walks by the beach, to outdoor festivals and downtown artwalks and more.

And this year, I am here to stay, whereas last year I spent the summer away. As I hike up the windy road in Griffith Park to watch the fireworks on July 4th, I notice the full moon over a vast clear sky, the smell of pine trees along the road and can think of nothing but how lucky I am in this moment to be alive, here...again. And of course, we have the Bowl in the midst of Hollywood, which is now seen from the high up mountains of Griffith Park.

Of course, I am now making love in two counties, LA and Orange. The more the merrier.

Hello Summer, I am here to make love. For summers are meant to be spent in L.A., right here and now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home