Small Moments

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Year Later...

I am sitting exactly in the same room as I was last year: my office, with its beautiful 9th floor view.

And it happened again. This year at 5:07 p.m. Last year, it was around 11:00 a.m. This is the second year I am not with family at Sal Tahvil. Last year, at least, they were only 10 miles away.

So much has happened...It reminds me of last year, when I went downstairs and checked my text msgs on that old rusty phone of mine. Then, just a week later, I got my new Jeep. And a week after that, He came along and said Happy New Year. Then, He stayed. Of course, We got rid of that old rusty ugly phone of mine...with some minor resistance from me.

I miss Him so much.

And good-bye 9th floor view.

"Poshteh daryaha shahreest...."

I shall build a boatI shall cast it in the waterI shall sail away from this strange earthWhere no one awaken the heroes in the wood of loveA boat empty of netAnd longing heart for pearlsI shall continue sailingNeither I shall loose my heart for the bluesNor for t he mermaids who emerge from the waterTo spread their charm from their locksOn the shining solitude of fishermenI shall continue sailingI shall continue singing“One should sail away, sail away.”The man in that town had no mythThe woman in that town was not as brimful as a cluster of grapesNo hall mirror repeated joysNot even puddles reflected a torchOne should sail away, sail awayNight has sung its songNow it is the turn of windowsI shall continue sailingI shall continue singingBeyond the seas there is a townIn which windows open to manifestationThere rooftops quarter pigeons that looks at the jets of human intelligenceIn the hand of each 10-year-old child a branch of knowledge liesThe townsfolk took at hedgesAs if they look at a flame, a tender dreamEarth hears the music of your feelingAnd the fluttering sound of mythological birds are heard in the windBeyond the seas there is a townWhere the sun is as wide as the eyes of early-risersPoets inherit water, wisdom and lightBeyond the seas there is a town!One must build a boat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home