Small Moments

Monday, May 21, 2007

The day I went in the office and announced my move to Orange County, many people thought I was crazy, that I can't hold on to a job, that I have issues...I justified it by saying I need to be near my family but I also felt horrible, guilty, and cussed him out for screwing me up to the point that I had to make a geographical change.

Yet, that decision was one of the best decisions I have made.

Now that I think about it, there was a whole other force behind that decision...an unseen energy that caused me to do what I did. It sure wasn't all me because there was no logic in it whatsoever...it was based all on emotions.

People often advise you against making emotional decisions. So you sit there and make rationalizations, do pros and cons, even make a chart, look at the goals and results in 6 months from today, 1 year from today and five years from today.

Yet, one day you wake up and make the best irrational decision of your life based soley on your gut feeling.

Or maybe I have to write this to justify myself...my failures and my mistakes...

if that's what it is...then it is, what it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home