Small Moments

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Life Insurance

Finally, after a month and a half of several telephone calls, a lunch meeting where the insurance broker took me out and treated me and did the usual schmoozing, a medical examination including a complete blood test, and many e-mails...finally, I was approved for Life Insurance. Just a couple of weeks before I hit the big 3.0. because the first time I saw Dr. F, she said to me: "You are not even 30 yet, and you are already going down."

Yes, I was approved despite the depression and anxiety and the allergies and the hair loss and a history of frequent UTI's (Urinary Tract Infections) and sporadic gastrointestinal problems, and spinal injuries due to three (or four?) car accidents, and various kinds of headaches such as migraines, sinus headaches, tension headaches (I had a chart once that described all of them and showed a diagram of the locations on the heard), and a mother with M.S., and a father with heart disease and high cholesterol who had two valve replacements a bypass three years ago, and three grandparents who died from heart attack and or stroke, and last but not least, a great-grand mother who died from breast cancer....despite it all.

Genetics do matter, just in case you were wondering.

I just was lucky enough to pass the test this time...well, I also did not disclose everything that I just listed above. That's how.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home