Small Moments

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

***It's All About the Memories***

It was Wednesday before Thanksgiving, 2001.

I skipped class as usual since it makes no sense to have class the night before Thanksgiving.

We went to the Ebi concert together. It was his first Ebi concert. I had bought the tickets with the money I didn't have, consequence of which came later.

We held hands the whole time. At some point, he looked into my eyes and told he would propose to me if we stayed together through the next Thanksgiving! It sounded genuine and cute, if nothing else.

We didn't stay together. In fact, we barely made it through the New Year of that same year. But it didn't matter and never will because all that matters is how I felt that moment that he looked into my eyes, and said those words-- it affected me for eternity.

That's all that will matter ever.

That's why he'd always say, "it's all about the memories."

He was right.

************************************************

Behtareen Cheez Reseedan Beh Negaahist Keh az Haadeseh Eshgh Tar Ast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home