Small Moments

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Unplanned psychic visit

I have a networking event to attend at 5:30 p.m. I have dressed nice for this meeting because that's what you do when you are trying to sell your services. I am also wearing high heels.

Since I have been there before to these meetings, I figure I don't need to check the address. So I leave the office based on memory alone. I park the car and start walking towards the place. I try opening the door and they are closed. I get on my new BlackBerry to double check the address. It says it's down the street. So I start walking again and I can't find it. I am wearing heels as I mentioned, with a slightly short skirt and at this point, walking up and down the street doesn't exactly look 'appropriate'. And I am hungry and frustrated. Or maybe I am hungry because I am frustrated? Then I see a sushi place and the next thing I know I am sitting at the sushi bar and ordering Asahi and sushi and more sushi--all by myself.

Then the bill comes and I am baffled. But my Asahi is not finished yet so I decide to sit there and finish the bottle.

After I get out, I stumble on the street back to my car. Except that there is a psychic place on my way and instead, I find myself sitting on a small sofa in a dark room with a lady who has neatly braided hair reading my fortune.

And she is good. She says she sees the "death card" for me, which is the card for transformation--the part of me that has died. Something I knew already.

And out of everything she says one thing sticks out and that is the name of one her other client, who is also an immigration lawyer--and a famous one.

I just can't believe what's happening to me this afternoon, while I was supposed to be passing out my cards at a networking event, I am here getting a psychic reading.

I tell her I am a lawyer. Her name is Nyla and she will be my official psychic from now on.

There is some networking for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home