Small Moments

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Personality Queen

If you get to be my age, you finally start to realize what your strong points are and start banking on them...your personal assets.

I am the Personality Queen. I have officially decided.

At one job, I was told, "We like your aura", when I tried to quit. They didn't say we like your work quality, your contribution to our company, your integrity...none of that.

At another job, at the annual review, I was told, "We lovvvveeee your personality...you get along with people, you are funny, you have a great attitude." Again, nothin' said about my actual work product. Well, maybe a comment or two.

Another friend once told me that I will succeed in life because I have the greatest personality.

When I was a bank teller, one day a new teller told our manager, she wants to be trained by me because I am fun.

I have decided to take the compliment and start banking on it, instead of struggling to find another good quality, or improving my punctuality.

In fact, I think I might become a politician one day. I mean, what did Bill Clinton have, besides his golden personality? Oh, a law degree from Yale, and a great ability to articulate any and all words and phrases. Oh...I forgot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home